Cold pre-fermentation maceration at 5 °C for 10 days, followed by alcoholic fermentation for about 15 days at a temperature of 18–23 °C. After malolactic fermentation, 40% of the mass is barrique-aged for 12 months, while the remaining 60% is barrel-aged. Finally all the wine has a further 6 months in barrels to complete the ageing process.


Vibrant, inky ruby red with a generous, complex nose, sour cherry and aromatic herb notes to the fore, and hints of vanilla and pepper. The flavour is powerful and commanding with elegant spice and confectioner’s cream in the finish. A full-flavoured, minerally wine, traits that make it astonishingly well-balanced.


Gambero Rosso Tre Bicchieri
Decanter – 87 points
Wine Advocate – 91+ points
Wine Spectator – 92 points
Guida Vitae Ais – 4 viti
Bibenda 2019 – 3 Grappoli
Vini d’Italia Touring Editore – 4 Stelle
Guida Dictor Wine 2019 – 93 points